Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Setting the bar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayden Moore

Hayden Moore

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Setting the bar Empty
PostSubject: Setting the bar   Setting the bar EmptyThu 28 May 2009, 9:45 am

Champion. No other word comes with such prestige. A champion is a man above the rest, the man raised as the example. A title around your waist means many things. It means more money, it means more television time, but what it truly means is a great responsibility. It is now my responsibility to take this championship and bring some respect to it. I must work harder than anyone one else. I should be not only at the top of my game, but three steps ahead of the rest of the locker room. I am the standard now and in a blossoming wrestling organization you need your standard to be as high as possible.

The sun is peaking over the tip of the Las Vegas strip. As many are going to bed with the thoughts of the sin they have committed this last night. A black town car pulls into the empty parking lot of The Pit. In the car sit’s the new Sin City Champion, Hayden Moore.

“This is it,” Hayden echoes in his own mind. “Today you step into the arena as the Sin City Champion for the first time. You are the benchmark. You do not only represent yourself anymore, you represent that locker room.”

Hayden takes a deep breath, grabs his stuff and leaves the car. The door to the Pit flings open to a dark, empty, echoing hall way. No sign of life, “First one in. Last one out, like a true champion,” Hayden smiles to himself and walks down the hallway with his championship flung over his shoulder. Each step echoes from the walls. As Hayden walks to the locker room he slowly opens the door. He flicks on the light to see a large locker in the center with his name on it. He can’t keep but to have a small come across his face.

A smaller locker next to his with the name “Stud.” Hayden wipes his hand across the name plate, but still unsure in his mind.

“Can I really trust the guy? Can anyone truly be trusted here in Honor? You’re a champ, you always have to be wary of the target on your back. But does the old saying ‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend’ live true here?” Hayden’s mind races, he has never been a good team player.

“It doesn’t matter, you are the champion. You could take on JD Reigns and Sean Jennings by yourself if need be.” Hayden begins to enter his warrior mindset. “A drunk red neck and a no body who has shown he can’t beat you without attacking you from behind. There’s no way either of these men are on your level. This will be another step as you rise further to the top of Honor.”

Hayden stares into his golden reflection from the championship belt still hanging from his shoulder. “Time to get ready. Time to show Honor, what the magic era will be about. The locker room will learn that you either step up or fade away, because I’m only getting better.” Hayden lays his championship in his locker as he goes to walk around the arena. Dark, empty, but all his.
Back to top Go down

Setting the bar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honor :: The Vault :: Redemption Archives-
Jump to: