Honor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HQ

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CBR

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Wrong Place, Wrong Time Empty
PostSubject: Wrong Place, Wrong Time   Wrong Place, Wrong Time EmptySat 23 May 2009, 8:42 am

Get the hell up! What are you?

CBR lay back against the corner turnbuckle of the training ring, eyes glazed over a little. He looked around him, regaining his bearings, and considering the situation.

His hand lifted to his lip, wiping it, taking a little blood from the cut open on his lip, and flinging it to the side.

Slowly, the Canadian Star lifted himself off the mat, eyes narrowed, as he steadied himself ready, primed.

CBR rested back against the turnbuckle a second, feeling his jaw, massaging it. He closed his eyes, and stepped back out into the ring. Forward a few steps, before he was standing before his old mentor, and new trainer.

Jonny Kae’s mouth turned down into a frown, he looked enraged, almost disgusted.

Without a moment’s hesitation, Kae sent his hand flying, slapping hard into the face of CBR, who stumbled a little, face turning away, hand moving up to hold his cheek, before turning his head back to glare at Kae.

Kae: “What? This is NOT what I signed up for. I signed up to train a champion…to create a man in my own image, and make him better. Not this…snivelling little reprobate.”

CBR stood back up, tall and proud, looking up into his mentor’s eyes.

Kae: “Go on, hit me! Hit me damn it! Where’s the fire? Where’s the drive? You Surrender Monkey! Hit me!”

CBR’s fist clenched, but then he backed off a little, looking down at the mat.

Kae stepped forward, eyes piercing CBR’s face.

Kae: “That’s right, study the mat. Cos that’s where you will spend most of your time, unless you take this seriously. Who the hell are you?”

CBR looked back up, and stepped forward, inches from Kae, staring him in the eyes.

CBR: “I’m the Canadian Star, CB…”

Before he could finish, Kae landed another slap, hard across the young man’s face, sending him reeling again.

Kae: “Your name means nothing here…nothing! It’s your actions in the squared circle. You are a gladiator, not a fucking movie star, you insignificant little twerp.”

CBR stepped forward again, shoving Kae back 3 feet across the ring.

CBR: “I’m a god damn champion, and you owe me your respect old man!”

Kae grinned, and stepped forward again.

Kae: “That’s more like it. But don’t make the mistake of thinking you’re a champion. You won two world titles. I am a former 10-time world champion, and I got there by not thinking my career was over before it had even damn well begun!”

CBR took a step back, wiping his chin again, and readying himself.

CBR: “Come on Kae, come on…”

Kae stepped forward, sending a right towards CBR, who ducked out of the way.

Kae: “You need to recapture your fire boy. You need to become the man that steps through the ropes. Your opponents need to fear you, not mock you…”

Kae sent an elbow back to CBR, who blocked with his hands, then dived aside, sending a boot to Kae’s stomach. He grinned and stepped forward, but got caught by a devastating low blow from Jonny Kae.

Kae: “Your arrogance blinds you Claude. I would never leave an opponent standing before I made my plays. You need to be aware of your opponent, and curb your ego. I’ve seen what you can do in the ring, you may even be better than me…but you will never reach you potential, unless you start to act like a true champion.”

Kae leant down, and patted CBR’s cheek lightly twice, before leaving the ring. CBR held his crotch, and watched the mentor leave. He was right…Claude had lost something…he needed to get it back.

The gym, midnight.

The sweat fell from the young Canadian’s face, dripping onto the floor.

His towel around his neck, he used it to clear his eyes, but continued to pump the shoulder press. It was always another five reps. Do 3, then you have five left. Do another 3, and still five left. No pain no game.

And this was no game. This was his career on the line, the future, the greatness of the CBR era.

He had been the jewel in the crown, the unbeatable, the Evolution of the entire business.

Now, he was a mid carder, safe in the knowledge that he was going against another mid carder this week.

Not good enough

Not good enough by miles…

CBR’s thoughts trailed back to his first match back. A match for a title. He lost that, beaten by a man who’s name he’d never heard.

Then he had faced another man he’d never seen nor heard of before, and again had been put down.

This week, had to be different.

If not, it would be the end…the end of the beginning of a new career. Just a flash in the pan, the critics said, and they would be right.

But this flame wouldn’t go out like that…not this flame…this fire burns, and burns good!

Thursday night, at an independent show.

The card was full of young hopefuls looking to impress a few larger organisations, who spent their time wrestling for indy companies across the USA.

The match had started, it was James Trey versus Marius, a self styled Eastern European fighter of little repute.

The two had locked up, and one was on the mat now, after a series of hip tosses. But…before anyone could gain a real advantage…

“SLAM!!”

The steel chair cracked against the back of Marius’ head, sending him to the floor, laying, out cold in the ring.

Once more the chair was raised, and came down over the leg of James Trey, already on the floor, who yelped in pain,

The large Canadian man, in perfect physical shape, then lifted the indy hopeful up, and dropped him with a modified backcracker – the Subjugator.

Some of the audience popped, the appearance of a big name in the indy circuit. Others boo’d the end of a potentially good match.

CBR didn’t care either way. James Trey was sent hurtling out of the ring, onto the cold concrete floor outside.

He turned his attention back to Marius, and locked in the Canadian Cradle!

With the man out, it was silent, apart from the few jeers and cheers from an unexpectant and small audience.

But the size of the audience didn’t matter…there was a TV camera, and microphones. This was the stage of the return…the return of the true Canadian Star, the greatest wrestler on the planet!

CBR broke the hold, and rolled the deflated Marius out of the ring, who landed with a thud to the outside.

Ranier then took a mic, and stood in the middle of the cheap ring.

CBR: “Yeah, I’m Back!”

A few cheers erupted, followed by some jeers, and three men chanted “You Suck”, hoping to get a chant that never came.

CBR: “It’s been a long time, but the Canadian Star, CBR, is coming back to claim his rightful place at the top of the wrestling empire.”

He started to pace around the ring, eyes piercing the camera.

CBR: “You know, on May 7th, I stepped back into the ring for what was supposed to be my glorious return. The King of the World coming back to take his crown!! But, what happened was different. I was embarrassed…by a herd of no bodies. I was brought to my knees by men who have no right being in the same ring as me, let alone the same match. And it got worse…”

CBR nodded, as a few fans chanted again, but quickly silenced.

CBR: “The week after, I had a chance to redeem myself. Ring rust is a valid excuse, but losing to a man who can hardly tie his own boots, let alone wrestle? Unforgivable. Absolutely, completely, unforgivable. And that brings me here.”

One fan shouted “CBR for president” as another shouted for “Security!”

CBR: “So, for a few days, I have been home, and in the gym, taking a long, hard look at myself. Am I really here for this? Am I really up for this any more? Has Hollywood, and my absence really killed the fire I once held so deep?”

CBR paused for a few moments, as if considering, then smiled.

CBR: “Damn it, I am Back! Yes I am up for it! Yes, the fire Burns! Yes, I am here to take my place at the top! My rightful space, occupied by a few midcarders…this is my time! My Show! My Place!”

CBR lifted himself to a proud stance, and stared over at the camera.

CBR: “And so, this week, I step into the ring against another relative unknown. Kid-X, you are part of a faction, a group called the New World….No, wait…the xWo. You step into the ring, and spray an old man with your canister. You claim your wins, against me who have never wrestled before in their lives. But this week, you step into the ring with a giant! You will be wrestling a Lion! And This beast…is Pissed!”

The crowd cheered suddenly, as if a little of the old flame was returning.

CBR: “So, Kid-X, this week, all I have to say to you is…Wrong Place! Wrong Time!”

CBR dropped the mic, as a cheap version of “Seek and Destroy” hit the PA system.

He stepped out of the ring, and disappeared up the ramp, ready and primed to take back his spot…
Back to top Go down

Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Page 1 of 1